The Harbour is an informal, non-judgemental, out-of-hours mental health service for anyone over the age of 18 in Portsmouth, Fareham, Gosport, Havant and East Hampshire, who needs short-term support in times of great difficulty or is struggling with poor mental health.
The team is made up of people who have experienced mental health challenges and have used local health services, so understand and can really help you in your time of crisis. As well as giving immediate support, the service can get you next working day appointments to help with your ongoing recovery at wellbeing centres or other mental support services.
The Harbour can help you if you are:
- Feeling overwhelmed or hopeless.
- In need of urgent mental health support
- Having thoughts to end your life
- Feeling isolated or alone
- Confused about where to find support
Why call the Harbour?
- Get the help you need quickly
- Out of hours
- Available to carers & supporters for advice
- Friendly, local staff who have experienced their own mental health problems
- Connect you to other services
- Next working day appointments with wellbeing centres
- Referral to other services
Please note that The Harbour is not an A&E department for those in need of medical attention.
The Harbour is open every evening between 4.30pm – 11pm and can be contacted by calling or texting – 07418 364911
Steve Johns, Harbour Service Manager said, ‘I am delighted to be linking up The Harbour with Pompey in the Community to spread the word about our new self-referred crisis support service for those struggling with their mental health. We are here to offer you non-judgmental support on your journey. As peers, our staff have come through their own mental health challenges and are well trained to work alongside you. My sincere thanks to PitC for their outstanding support.’
Leaflets will be distributed to fans as they leave Fratton Park on Saturday 5th March if you would like more information.